REGISTRATION FOR JUNE 4, 2017 PICNIC IS NOW CLOSED
Our 21st annual picnic is scheduled for Sunday, June 4th, 2017.
Come join us in a day of celebration, meet fellow members and their heart-child and our Adult CHD Survivors! Some members join us annually while many who join us for their first time. If you'd like to attend, here's how you register:
- Step 1 - Complete our online registration form on or before May 28th (Sunday). Online link will not be online after this date.
- Step 2 - Pay the registration form (non-refundable) online by visiting our Merchandise page on or before May 28th. Online link will not be online after this date. Registration fee is $20.00 per person with the exception of those age 3 and younger.
- Step 3 - Order your "Picture of Hope" taken at the picnic of our heart-kids and siblings by visiting our Merchandise page.
- Step 4 - Directions are mailed once your registration form and fee has been received by us.
Check out the photos in our Media Gallery of all the "heart-kids" that joined us in previous years. We added photos for their date of birth, oldest to youngest as well as listing their heart defect underneath their name.
We will be providing lunch, clowns, moonwalks, a raffle and a fundraiser table with picnic t-shirts and other items from our online store. We will have two professional photographers - one who'll takes candid shots of the heart-kids for our Media Gallery and the other who'll takes Little Hearts "Picture of Hope" at 2:00.
Our event is open from 11:00-5:00.
- After you arrive, check in at our Welcome Table where you receive your name badges and pay for any additional family or friends. Check is from 11:00-2:00.
- For lunch, we'll have hot dogs, hamburgers, grinders, pizza, assortment of salads by ABC Pizza of Granby as well as chips, juice, Gatorade, Snapple Ice Tea, coffee, water, soda and ice cream. Lunch is served from 11:30-1:30.
- Raffle tickets are available for purchase from 11:00-2:00 inside Garmany Hall.
- Little Hearts Picture of Hope will be taken at 2:00.
- Raffle drawing is at 2:30.
- Paddle boats and canoes are available from 1:00-5:00.
- Moonwalks are available from 11:00-5:00.
- Face painting and balloon making clowns will be available from 11:00-2:00.
- Looking to meet other families who have the same diagnosis as your heart-child? Once again, we'll be color coding your name tags and will have designated areas for you to meet other members. We will provide a chart by diagnosis along with the location of where to meet at the Welcome Table the day of the picnic. There is no start or end time on this and it's all up to you if you're interested and when you'd like to meet other parents. Many times our little ones dictate on when we parents can do this!
- Traveling from out of state? We've obtained a group rate of $95.00 per room at the Radisson in Cromwell, CT. Make your reservation online or phone them at 860-635-2000 or 855-914-9606. Reservation must be made by May 3rd to obtain our group rate of $97.00 per room.
- No rain date. We'll see you rain or shine!
Become a Member
- No cost to join
- Access to support services
- Connect with other parents
Share your Stories of Hope
Have a baby that is newly diagnosed with a CHD? Read our stories of HOPE from other people just like you.